Friday, April 29, 2011

Week four: Create a technology-enhanced lesson plan

I started using CALL empirically. I did it because I found that it motivated my students and got in touch authentic materials; Now, I have good grounds to use it more often than not. In our area, it's possible to find students who have been learning English for five or six and have only been exposed to teachers' English. They have problems to understand native speakers. Teachers should do their best to include videos and audios, to use appropriate websites in their lessons to develop the four primary skills. This is the reason, I appreciate the task 'creating a technology enhanced lesson plan. Using the template makes it easier because of the guidelines.
It's worth being here. I appreciate constructive remarks.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laye,

    I totally agree with you when you say authentic materials are very useful for our students in the way they let them be familiar with native speakers accent!

    Things we are learning are just terrific, aren't they?

    Katty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Laye,

    I agree with you, it was easier to create a technology enhanced lesson plan using the template.

    Now we are able to use multi-skill web sites for incorporating different activities in our class.

    This course is fantastic!!!!


    Ale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laye
    Something similar happened to me I used internet in my classes by my own iniciative. However, this online course is helping me to use internet in a professional and planned manner.

    Regards
    Ili

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laye,

    I didn't use internet for my classes before but now I can't think of not using it to teach, this course is changing my approach to teaching.

    Mariángel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Everyone,

    Thank you for such nice comments! Laye, I completely agree with you about one huge value of the Internet is to allow students to have so much authentic material and be exposed to so many things. Their worlds open up.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete